Bashas’ Summer Food Drive
The Community Food Bank announces a Summer Food Drive July 1 through July 31, 2007 with drop off locations at area Bashas’ Grocery Stores.
Community Food Bank donations are down and requests for emergency food boxes are up 34% this summer. The Food Bank distributes over 14,000 boxes per month. Additional help for these families is especially critical during the summer months when children are out of school. Many people think of feeding the hungry at holiday times, but the need is with us all year around.
Bashas’ stores in Tucson, Green Valley, Oro Valley (now Ike’s) and Marana are drop off points for this Summer Food Drive. The Food Bank is requesting non-perishable items such as peanut butter, canned meats, canned tomato products, cereal or pasta.
Look for the barrels with the Community Food Bank signs in the area Bashas’ stores and help with this important Summer Food Drive.
For more information, contact Jack Parris at (520) 622-0525 x 215 or by cell at (520) 444-5412.
- I-19 & Duval Mine, Green Valley (520) 648-2282
- Sunrise & Kolb, Tucson (520) 299-0633
- Thornydale & Cortaro, Tucson (520) 744-4488
- Broadway & S. Houghton, Tucson (520) 296-4700
- Camp Lowell & Swan, Tucson (520) 323-5820
- Rancho Vistoso & Oracle, Oro Valley (now Ike’s) (520) 818-9664
- W. River & La Cholla, Tucson (520) 690-3680
- Dove Mountain Rd., Marana (520) 572-5280