Hunger Walk 2009
Join Pima County Board of Supervisors Chairman Richard Elias as he takes the lead as Honorary Walk Chairman!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m.
Sam Lena Park at Kino Community Center
2805 E. Ajo Way (near Ajo & Country Club)
From Ajo Road turn North at Foregus where the light is.
Follow the signs to the Community Food Bank Hunger Walk.
The Hunger Walk gives you three options:
- The Long Walk A three-and-a-half mile walk around the fully-paved Sam Lena Park walking path at the Kino Community Center. This walk is scenic and well staffed. The walk continues north on Country Club Road, and includes an informative tour of the Community Food Bank before returning to the Kino Community Center.
- The Short Walk A one mile walk beginning at Sam Lena Park at the Kino Community Center. It continues north on Country Club Road and includes an informative tour of the Community Food Bank before returning to the Kino Community Center.
- Sleep-In Instead If you can’t be with us you can still support us! Sleep-In registrants will receive a surprise gift.
Several Ways to Participate
- Walk–Start/Finish at the Kino Community Center (Ajo & Country Club); $20 Adults, $10 Children
- Sleep-in–for a $25 sleeping-in registration, you receive a surprise gift.
- Join the Pace Setters’ Club–For a Pace Setters’ donation of $100 above the cost of registration, you will receive special recognition at the walk.