We Need Your Help To Protect Food Stamps (SNAP) Today!
Tomorrow, July 11, the House Agriculture Committee will vote on a Farm Bill proposal that cuts SNAP by over $16 billion. These cuts would be devastating for our most vulnerable neighbors:
- 500,000 households would see their benefits cut by an average $90 per month;
- 2 to 3 million individuals would lose their food assistance entirely;
- Nearly 300,000 kids would lose free school meals.
We must deliver a strong message about the impact these cuts would have on our communities. We need members of Congress to weigh-in with the House Agriculture Committee in opposition to these cuts.
Call your Representative Today!
Join our national call in day to make your voice heard. Help us track our impact by using our toll-free hotline.
- Call our toll-free hotline at 877-698-8228
- Listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted. You will then be connected to your Representative.
- Let them know you are calling about the Farm Bill and deliver this important message:
My name is [YOUR NAME].I am a supporter of the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona and live in Tucson[or INSERT other HOME TOWN].
I strongly oppose the cuts to SNAP included in the House Farm Bill. These cuts would be devastating for struggling families in our community. The recession may be over but many of our neighbors are still hurting. The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona is already struggling to meet the need in our community, and these cuts would only shift more people to charities to make ends meet. Please urge your colleagues on the House Agriculture Committee to reject cuts to SNAP and other hunger-relief programs.
Help us show Congress that there is a constituency for ending hunger in America! Pass it on.