ENTRIES WANTED: 2014 CALENDAR CONTEST FOR KIDS!
Draw a Picture & Help Families Struggling with Hunger!
Every year we publish a calendar of artwork created by local children.
This calendar will be mailed to homes in Pima County and beyond. Every year your drawings help raise funds for meals to feed hungry families, seniors and children during the winter months.
We need your help!
Have your class draw pictures for us and one of them could win a place in our calendar. Drawings should be about nutrition, hunger or the importance of food in our lives. Students also can write an explanatory sentence on the back of their pictures.
Winning artwork will be printed in the 2014 calendar; each winning artist will receive a special certificate with his or her name and a ten dollar gift card to Target stores! The winners will be announced this fall.
Submit Your Calendar Entries by October 1st!
How to participate:
- All entries from your class should be mailed in one envelope. Individual entries should be mailed in one envelope as well.
- Students should write their full name, age, and grade on the back of their drawing.
- All entries must be received on or before October 1, 2013 to be eligible.
- Include the name of your school or organization, subject of your class, and your full name with your entry.
- Please have your students create their art in ANY 2-D medium. Examples: colored pencil, marker, crayons, paint, watercolor, paper cut-outs, collage, etc. The more colorful, the better! Just make sure they are on unlined, 8.5” x 11” paper and in a horizontal (landscape) orientation.
- HAVE FUN!
Send your entries to:
Jessica Castillo, Calendar Contest
Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
P.O. Box 26727
Tucson, AZ 85726-6727
If you are concerned that someone you know is experiencing hunger, please call the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona at (520) 622-0525 to ask what we can do to help. Parents can call us and ask about particular programs or speak with an advocate.