Food Bank Helps Local Children Back to School
Hunger doesn’t just affect children’s bodies, it affects their minds. In fact, children facing hunger may do more poorly in school and fall behind their peers. As a result, they may never fulfill their potential, and that is a tragedy.
Your gift will help provide much needed food for local children. The Community Food Bank has programs especially for children that provide after school snacks, back packs full of food to take home on the weekend, healthy eating education, summer meals, family assistance and more.
When you give to the Community Food Bank, you make a difference in the life of a child.
Children in Southern Arizona need your help. Thank you.
• Children are the largest group in need, representing 40% of the food bank’s clients.
• Feeding America estimates that one in four of Pima County’s children live at or below the Federal Poverty Level.
• Arizona ranks 3rd highest rate in the country in the proportion of children who are food insecure.
• Hunger can effect a child’s health, cognitive growth and ability to perform in school.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
• Volunteer (fingerprint clearance required in some cases, please call for more information)
• Donate Money
• Donate Food
• Get your business or place of worship to sponsor a school
 Map the Meal Gap