The Community Food Bank depends on its hundreds of volunteers to bring food to Southern Arizona. Volunteering is rewarding, productive, and easy. There are opportunities to help with special events, or to volunteer on a regular basis. There are opportunities for groups and for individuals, both short term and longer term.
To volunteer, follow these steps:
1. Complete and submit an application online. The Volunteer Department will respond to your online application via email. If you want some additional information, feel free to contact the Volunteer Department by sending an email to email@example.com and we will respond to you by email. You may also call the Volunteer Department at (520) 882-3292.
2. The Volunteer Department will give you available dates to tour the main facility at 3003 S. Country Club Road, where you will hear about volunteer opportunities, and decide what you’d like to do. (If you prefer, you can print out an application and bring it with you to your scheduled tour, or get one at the tour while you are there.)
3. Set up a date to begin. Then go to work!
ONE TIME OR SHORT-TERM VOLUNTEER
1. Complete and submit an application online. Please note that there are unique applications for all our locations. If you want some additional information, feel free to contact the Volunteer Department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you by email. You may also call the Volunteer Department at (520) 882-3292.
2. Set up a date to work. There is no need for an orientation tour.
If you are a group:
1. Contact the Volunteer Department by calling (520) 882-3292 or emailing email@example.com. The Volunteer Department will respond to your online application via email. We will work with you to identify upcoming opportunities for your group to work.
2. Complete a group application, and submit on line or fax to (520) 670-9484. Please be sure and identify the contact person for your group, and his/her contact information. The Volunteer Department will respond to your application via email.
Location Specific Volunteer Forms:
The CFB always needs volunteers. Many people volunteer on a regular basis, devoting a morning or afternoon once a week or once a month. In addition, some volunteers work once or twice on a short term basis. Groups are also welcome. We ask that individuals work a minimum of three hours between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm on Monday (Monday’s have limited work options), between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Tuesday through Friday, or between 9 am and noon on Saturday. Each shift offers limited availability, so needs to be scheduled in advance. There are several locations, so you can work close to home. There are sites in Tucson, Marana, Nogales, Amado, Green Valley/Sahuarita, and Graham, Greenlee and Cochise Counties. The most common work is:
- Pack food boxes or sort food (Great for both groups and individuals.)
- Work in our gardens
- Glean food (picking citrus food during January, February and March, or picking pumpkins at the beginning of November.)
- Help with the Farmer’s Market
- Distribute food: greet clients; check clients in; hand out food; load carts; help clients to car; shag grocery cars.
- Office work/ computer work
- Maintenance work
- Work at our Las Milpitas de Cottonwood Urban Farm.
- Work at Caridad Community Kitchen
- Current High Priority Volunteer Needs
We also have need of professional services to assist the Food Bank. To volunteer professional services, contact the Volunteer Department by calling (520) 882-3293 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are also many special events that benefit the CFB for which we need volunteers. Some examples include the Winterhaven Festival of Lights (Dec), the annual Mail Carriers Food Drive (May) and citrus gleaning days (January, February, March.)