Community Service Volunteers
Some volunteers are fulfilling court-ordered community service requirements. Community service volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to fulfill court-ordered hours at the Community Food Bank.
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS
TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE COMMUNITY FOOD BANK, INC.
FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE
1. Complete the Online Community Service Contact Form.
2. Print & fill out the Application, Rules, and Hours Forms. (PRINT THIS)
3. Call the Community Service Volunteer Coordinator at 622-0525, ext 221 to set up a time to bring all completed forms and required court documents to the Community Food Bank Receptionist. The receptionist is located on the first floor of the main facility at 3003 S. Country Club Road and can be reached between 7:30am and 4:30pm.
Did you complete all the steps?
PRINT & SIGN
CALL & BRING DOCUMENTS
Call the Community Service
Charges: We do not accept volunteers who have been charged with violent offenses such as but not limited to: domestic violence, assault, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, disorderly conduct, armed robbery or aggravated assault.
Work requirements: In order to enter the warehouse, volunteers must wear a name tag (which we will provide), closed toe shoes, a t-shirt, and jeans or knee length shorts. In addition, we have the following rules:
- NO CELL PHONES in the warehouse
- No drugs, alcohol, or weapons on the property
- No tank tops (shirts must have sleeves)
- No sandals or flip flops
- No radios, iPods, or headphones
- No obscene or gang-related clothing, including shirts, caps or bandanas
- No eating, drinking, smoking or chewing gum in the warehouse
You must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift approximately 25 pounds, and work a minimum of 3-4 hours at a time. It is very important to respect staff members and to follow instructions. Please be patient with our clients. If you break the rules you will be given two verbal warnings. The third time you will be asked to complete your hours elsewhere.
Work hours: Appointments are required for community service, and failure to appear without notice for a scheduled appointment will result in termination of community service. Times available are Tuesday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. We are closed the first business day of the month for inventory. During times of high volume, we will institute a waiting list.
Completion of Community Service: Volunteers must submit a request at least 24 hours in advance to receive an hour log or a letter of completion.
We value all volunteers and welcome your service.