Current High Priority Volunteer Needs
To volunteer for one of these needs, follow the easy steps on the volunteer page.
Start by filling in a volunteer application online
- National Letter Carrier Food Drive, May 11th: Hundreds of volunteers needed on this date from 2:00 – 6:00 pm to collect food at various post offices throughout Tucson and Oro Valley that the letter carriers bring back from their routes. Due to safety concerns, volunteers need to be age 16 and older.
- Hunger in America 2014 Survey: Volunteers needed to assist with client survey collections at pre-designated sites from mid-April thru July. Training begins the week of April 8th and will continue during the duration of the survey. Volunteers can select sites and days based on their availability. (Why we do the hunger study)
- Caridad Community Kitchen: Volunteer needed to assist with student recruitment and graduate placement for the Culinary School Program. The position requires a volunteer that is self-motivated, knows how to do research, feels comfortable making cold calls on the telephone and has computer and clerical skills. The kitchen is located at 845 N. Main Ave.
- Food Sorter: Volunteers are needed in the afternoons to help sort and box perishable food picked up by our drivers. Work will involve going in and out of the walk-in cooler, sorting through the food and separating the good from the not-so-good and boxing up for agencies. Hours are 12:00 -3:00 pm daily.
- Garden Team. Volunteer in our demonstration garden at the Food Bank on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 8:00 – 11:00 am.
- Garden Workdays. Special garden workdays are scheduled from 9:00 am to noon on April 10th and April 24th.
- Las Milpitas de Cottonwood Farm. Help with farm chores on Tuesday mornings from 8-11 am. Volunteers with experience in construction, building fences and tilling are especially needed.