Current High Priority Volunteer Needs
To volunteer for one of these needs, follow the easy steps on the volunteer page.
Start by filling in a volunteer application online
- Caridad Community Kitchen: Volunteer needed to assist with student recruitment and graduate placement for the Culinary School Program. The position requires a volunteer that is self-motivated, knows how to do research, feels comfortable making cold calls on the telephone and has computer and clerical skills. The kitchen is located at 845 N. Main Ave.
- Food Sorter: Volunteers are needed in the afternoons to help sort and box perishable food picked up by our drivers. Work will involve going in and out of the walk-in cooler, sorting through the food and separating the good from the not-so-good and boxing up for agencies. Hours are 12:00 -3:00 pm daily.
- Garden Team. Volunteer in our demonstration garden at the Food Bank on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 8:00 – 11:00 am.
- Garden Workdays. Special garden workdays are scheduled from 9:00 am to noon on April 10th and April 24th.
- Las Milpitas de Cottonwood Farm. Help with farm chores on Thursday mornings from 8-11 am. Volunteers with experience in construction, building fences and tilling are especially needed.